Sharjah City Municipality has released a set of guidelines for the use of cosmetic products in hair salons and beauty centers, prioritizing the health and safety of customers and practitioners.
Key Guidelines for Salons:
Salons are advised to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Avoid using cosmetic products without comprehensive labels.
- Refrain from creating mixtures, blending creams and oils, or using homemade formulations.
- Avoid using creams containing fruit acids such as AHA and BHA.
- Check hair straightening products like keratin for formaldehyde levels, ensuring they don’t exceed 0.2%.
- Avoid using creams with hydroquinone.
- Refrain from using creams containing corticosteroids or derivatives.
- Avoid using creams that claim skin whitening or slimming effects.
- Do not use cosmetic products for medical or therapeutic purposes.
- Ensure compliance with regulations regarding banned cosmetics.
Recent Inspections in Abu Dhabi:
In a related context, beauty centers in Abu Dhabi, including women’s beauty centers, children’s salons, and men’s salons, underwent inspections last week.
Officials reviewed potential violations by owners and employees, emphasizing the verification of expiration dates for materials and the availability of effective sterilization equipment for tools.
UAE Launches Updated Labour Accommodation System to Enhance Worker Wellbeing
Dubai Taxi Expands Fleet with 94 New Vehicles, Market Share Set to Increase
India Unveils Crew for Historic Gaganyaan Space Mission
UAE Introduces Dh10,000 Fine for Late Corporate Tax Registration
New Visa Screening Center Opens in Abu Dhabi’s Al Shamkha District
IHC Introduces AI to Boardroom, Transforming Decision-Making Process
“Unleashing Extraordinary Ambitions: Rigul Kalra’s Journey of Entrepreneurial Brilliance”
Rihanna’s Fenty x Puma Makes a Comeback with New Sneaker
Anya Taylor-Joy and Malcolm McRae Tie the Knot in Romantic Venice Wedding
American firm to buy Everton Football Club
Celebrities Embrace Pantless Trend at New York Fashion Week
Alexander McQueen Names Seán McGirr as Creative Director
- Fashion2 days ago
“Transforming Faces, Empowering Souls: The Makeup Journey of Abeeha Mamoon”
- Travel & Hospitality3 days ago
5-Year Multiple-Entry Visa: A Boon for UAE Residents and Tourists
- Real Estate2 days ago
Unlock Affordable Homeownership in Dubai: Explore Pocket-Friendly Deals with 1% Down Payment Options
- UAE News2 days ago
UAE Allocates $10 Million Grant to Support World Trade Organisation Initiatives
- UAE News3 days ago
Dubai Launches Dh112 Million Creek Restoration Project
- Business Insights2 days ago
Qatar Airways Group Launches ‘Our Habitas Ras Abrouq’ Resort on Qatar’s West Coast
- Legal2 days ago
Ras Al Khaimah Tightens Traffic Laws, Introduces Stricter Penalties from March 1
- UAE News2 days ago
Billionaires Update: Gautam Adani Returns to $100 Billion Club