- Exemption from filing income tax returns for senior citizens aged 75 years or above.
- Increase in limit for tax audit for persons who carry out 95% of their transactions digitally.
- Eligibility for claiming tax holiday for start ups proposed to be extended by one more year.
- Reducing time limit for reopening of income tax assessment.
- Income tax appellate tribunal to be made faceless.
- Constitution of a dispute resolution committee for small tax payers.
- Additional deduction of Rs. 1.5 lakh shall be available for loans taken up till March 31, 2022 for purchase of affordable house.
- Pre- filling of returns will also cover capital grains from listed securities, dividend income etc.
- Dividend payment to REIT/INVIT (real estate investment trusts and infrastructure investment trusts) to be exempted from TDS.